The online support community developing in Romania
With the ongoing development of internet access, the recovery community has adapted to new reality. Today there are several online meetings of different 12 steps groups which offer a relief especially to people from cities or rural areas that don’t has any recovery resources available.
They are using `Zoom`, a free conference software that can be downloaded here . For those who need help using it for the online meetings, guidance and more information will be offered at www.aaforum.ro/ by other recovering volunteers.
So, which are these meetings that we are talking about? Below you will find more details:
- Alcoholics Anonymous are having meetings every night at 9 pm (meeting ID 823-502-1724).
- The meeting for All Addictions (a special mixed group that brings together people in recovery from different addictions) is Tuesdays at 9 p.m. (meeting ID 491-013-1059)
- The SLA – Sex and love Addiction meeting is held on Wednesdays at 9 p.m. and it facilitates support and recovery for people fighting their porn use, sex and relationships addiction in a manner that offers more privacy and anonymity than a live meeting.
- The family and friends of alcoholics and other addicts – Al-Anon are meeting on Thursdays from 9 p.m., trying to share experience, strength and hope in overcoming codependency.
- The online community for Overeaters Anonymous is offering its message of hope on Thursdays and Sundays from 8 p.m.
Hopefully, the close future will bring more good news!